We give the best
We offer many services regarding your legal needs
Mostly, the criminals also have a lawyer to fight for their claims. Many times, there are false allegations made on a person or a group, and the criminal defense attorneys have the right to understand the case and defend their subject from conviction.
DUI DWI attorney
The DUI or Driving under influence lawyers, take cases of drunk driving or driving in the case of any toxic consumption. They can also be consulted online for the various commercial DUI regulations and to learn about various laws related to it.
There are online attorneys for the employees of a company as well. They look after the workers' compensations, and in cases of dissatisfaction, they also file the cases and look after the legal proceedings. They also deal with the safety of a workplace and fight various sexual harassment cases which happen in the workplaces.
Need some legal assistance? Let’s have a chat!
Need A Online Lawyer Now? Search Local Lawyer.
Top-Rated DUI/DWI Attorneys
Facing drunk-driving charges such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) can be a distressing experience for any individual. This is why it is extremely important to hire from among the best DUI/DWI attorneys. These law professionals are familiar with all crucial facets of DUI or DWI cases and hence, they can be the right person to handle your DUI case.
It is a well known fact that DUI or driving-under-influence is a very serious offense in most states of America. The consequences and punishment for DUI are also not very pleasant to contemplate. According to the driving laws in the USA, an individual is usually considered to be lawfully inebriated if they have a BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) of 0.8 percent to 0.10 percent. So, if someone chooses to operate their vehicle after taking drugs or drinking alcohol, then it could possibly cause the person to face multiple legal ramifications, like getting arrested, ticketed, charged, or criminally fined for driving under the influence.
Although a person who gets charged with DUI is usually given a misdemeanor for their first offense, they can also be charged with a felony in case of causing harm or damage to other’s property or injuring another person. Besides this, an individual may also face felony charges post their first drunk-driving offense.
Basically, most states in the USA have their own set of rules and criteria when it comes to DUI or DWI charges. Therefore, it is imperative that you consult a good and professional DUI/DWI lawyer and seek their legal assistance and advice to win your case.
As discussed above, drunk-driving or driving under influence (DUI is a serious traffic citation and hence, it is considered a criminal offense. Once you’re convicted of a DUI or DWI charge, it will be documented in your criminal records. As a matter of fact, DUI and DWI are considered to be the most serious driving offenses and they tend to carry heavy penalties along with tougher legislation trends.
There are basically 3 types of drunk-driving laws and they are as follows:
- Driving Under Influence – It is a fact that every next person in the US makes a DUI or DWI crime. While DUI means driving under the influence, DWI means driving while intoxicated. These cases usually arise when a person drives under the influence and impairs his/her senses by alcohol or other illegal substances.
- Higher BAC – BAC stands for Blood Alcohol Content. In most states of the US, it is considered an offense to drive with the BAC of 0.8% to 0.10%. Irrespective of whether your driving was affected or impaired, you will have to face DUI charges in case of driving with higher BAC levels.
- Felony DUI – Different types of DUIs or DWIs can be charged as a felony and could possibly cause the person to end up in a prison sentence.
Even though both these terms (DUI and DWI) describe drunk or impaired driving, their meanings are likely to reverse from state to state. This is why it is always recommended to engage the services of a good, professional, and certified DUI/DWI lawyer in your area.
Difference between DUI Misdemeanor & Felony Charges
Based on your circumstances, your DUI can either be a misdemeanor or a felony, and hence, the potential penalties for these two categories of offenses could also differ significantly. It is important for you to know that a misdemeanor is often considered to be a less serious offense than a DUI felony. So, if you're charged with misdemeanor DUI, then you probably might have to spend a maximum of 1-year prison term. However, in case of felony DUI charges, you will be required to spend more than a year in prison along with paying other penalties and monetary fines.
As a well-known fact, the circumstances of a misdemeanor and felony DUI possibly vary from state to state. So, if you have been charged with DUI (driving under influence) or DWI (driving while intoxicated) in your state, then your first step should be to consult a professional and certified DUI/DWI attorney in order to get your charges reduced or dropped. In fact, a DUI/DWI lawyer is the right person who can offer you the right legal assistance alongside negotiating with the penalties.
Importance of a DUI/DWI Attorney
A DUI/DWI attorney is a criminal defense lawyer who is knowledgeable and specialized in handling all types of DUI or DWI cases. Usually, a majority of public defender’s cases include DUI and DWI cases. These law professionals are experts in their field and the DUI/DWI laws which are pertaining in his state where he practices.
The primary role of a good and certified drunk driving lawyer is to explain the DUI or DWI charges to his clients and suggest them the best possible course of action alongside representing their case in the courtroom. These law professionals are also responsible for handling all essential administrative details of the DUI/DWI cases.
It is important for you to know that in DUI or DWI cases, the lawyers attempt to drop or lessen the charges as much as possible. These negotiations usually occur during the pre-trial consultation of the case. During the case trial, these law professionals also help with jury selection. These skilled attorneys not only gather all investigators and witnesses on their clients' behalf but also endeavor to expose any type of discrepancies in DUI charges or police procedures.
A lot of people don’t know that a drunk-driving lawyer is the best person to provide them with legal assistance and advice regarding their DUI charges. These attorney professionals not only have a thorough and refined understanding of his state’s DUI and DWI laws but they also use their excellent communication skills to assist clients in negotiating with the prosecution. DUI/DWI attorneys are highly organized and they make the best use of their critical thinking skills and other evidentiary details to assist clients through their DUI charges.
What Can a DUI Lawyer Do for You?
So, if you have been pulled over for driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substance, then you will probably have a felony or a misdemeanor charge coming your way. Although felony DUI charges are very serious as compared to misdemeanor DUI, it is imperative that you seek legal representation and consult the best DUI/DWI lawyer in your area.
It is a well-known fact that DUI or DWI penalties vary greatly from state to state. Therefore, in order to get your DUI charges reduced, it is highly important that consult and share your case details with a professional and certified DUI lawyer. These law professionals are experts in handling DUI charges and can help you in the following ways.
- Incarceration – If you have been found guilty of a misdemeanor DUI charge, then you probably might end up serving up to 1 year in jail. On the other hand, a felony DUI is a more serious offense and it could make you serve more than a year in prison, based on the aggravating circumstances of your case. So, all you need to do is to look out for the best DUI attorneys in your area and hire their professional services in order to get your DUI/DWI charges reduced to the least.
- Monetary Fines – If you’re charged with DUI, then possibly you’ll have to face certain monetary consequences associated with the crime. These monetary fines may vary depending on your state’s DUI laws. So, no matter you’re charged with a misdemeanor or a felony DUI, hiring a professional DUI/DWI attorney will eventually help you to reduce your charges, thereby lessening your monetary fines and other penalties.
- Probation Sentence – In some DUI cases, the court imposes a probation sentence on the offender in addition to prison, monetary fines, and other penalties. In such cases, the offenders are required to comply with the restrictions and conditions that have been imposed by the court. Some of these probationary restrictions may include:
- Not committing DUI, DWI, or other criminal offenses.
- Submitting to alcohol and random drug testing.
- Maintaining steady employment.
- Driver’s License Suspension – Once you get arrested in a DUI or DWI charge, then you might end up getting your driver’s license suspended from the department of motor vehicles (DMV). This administrative license suspension period may typically range from 3 months to several years depending on the circumstances of your case. So, if you ever get involved in DUI charges and your license gets suspended, make sure to consult a professional DUI/DWI attorney and seek necessary legal advice and suggestions from them in this regard.
Tests Used for Determining Intoxication
If you’re suspected of a DUI/DWI charge, then the administrating officers could ask you to pull over and step out of your vehicle for any of the following intoxication tests.
- Breathalyzer – This handheld device is used for measuring the concentration of alcohol in the offender’s body and therefore, it is usually administered at the crime scene or at the police station.
- Blood Urine Testing – This medical test is quite complicated because it usually requires a medical professional to test and produce the lab results. Normally administered at the medical center, this test is also used for determining the level of alcohol or any other drugs in the offender’s health system.
- Field Sobriety Tests – These tests include a variety of activities that are used for testing a person's agility and balance.
If the person fails in any of these intoxication tests, then the in-charge administrative officer gives tickets to the offender and arrests them for driving under the influence.
Penalties Faced for DUI Charges
As discussed above, the penalties for DUI/DWI may vary from state to state, depending on the law and the severity of the crime. Well, here are some of the potential penalties that the offender might face for driving under the influence.
- Driver’s license suspension
- Serious criminal fines
- License restriction
- Prison time
- Higher insurance rates
- Mandatory drunk driving courses
- Community service
It is important for you to know that in case if other crimes are also involved in connection with DUI charges, then it usually results in a harsher penalty. In addition to this, if you already got some previous drunk-driving cases documented in your records, then you will normally have to pay extra monetary fines and penalties.
So, make sure to consult the best DUI/DWI lawyer in your area and share all your case details with them. Engaging the services of a professional DUI attorney is really a great idea because these law professionals will not only try to reduce your sentences but also protect you from other consequences like driver’s license suspension, large monetary fines, etc.
Do You Really Need to Hire a DUI/DWI Attorney?
The chances of beating DUI or DWI charges are close to none if you don't hire a professional DUI attorney. As a matter of fact, DUI convictions can have lasting consequences on your life, and therefore, hiring a good DUI/DWI attorney is the best idea to minimize your fallout from a DUI or DWI.
So, if you’ve been arrested for driving under the influence, then your first step should be to contact a DWI lawyer. Make sure to hire the best DUI/DWI attorney because these law professionals can easily inform you about your rights, represent and argue your case, prepare all defenses for your case, and negotiate with the prosecution to get your charges and penalties reduced.
DUI/DWI Attorney Legal Fees
Since being convicted of DUI or DWI charges could be very expensive, make sure to be clear of the legal fees of the attorney beforehand. In fact, the average legal charges of a professional DUI/DWI attorney range from $1,500 to $1,900. These attorneys either charge a flat fee or an hourly fee. So, make sure to discuss the legal fee charges with your lawyer before appointing their qualified services for your DUI case.
The Bottom Line
Getting arrested for DUI or DWI charges is a serious offense and it could potentially cause hefty implications on the liberty and finances of the offender. So, if you ever find yourself in such a quandary, make sure to call the best available DUI/DWI lawyer in your area. Legal representation is quite pricey, but a skilled and certified DUI/DWI attorney will easily assist you with the outcome of your case without even causing a hole in your pockets.
Finding a good and professional DUI/DWI attorney is imperative. So, make sure to do some proper and refined research in this regard, shortlist all top-rated DUI/DWI attorneys in your area, and hire the best one to overcome your present situation. For more information on DUI, our attorneys are just a call away.
Online Attorney Group Achievements
Number of Trusted Clients
Number of global Partners