Is a dui a felony in Illinois? Well, if you have been recently arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, you should educate yourself with some basics of this law. Also, you should not fail to exercise your right to hire an attorney. An experienced attorney can help you in establishing a solid legal defense in your favor and present your case in the court of law. Initial dui Illinois charges are considered as a misdemeanor, while frequent DUI charges over a specific period of time are considered as a felony. The resultant is increased penalties, punishments, and imprisonment. Get in touch with DUI/DWI Attorneys.
Is A Dui A Felony In Illinois – What is DUI in Illinois?
- DUI charges are applicable when a person is detected with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or above.
- For the people who are under 21 years of age, Illinois laws have a zero-tolerance policy. It means that if a person is caught drunk and driving, he or she shall be directly charged for Illinois dui laws 2019.
- If the blood alcohol content is above 0.16%, the consequences shall be quite severe. The penalties intensify if the defaulter is driving with a minor child in the car. You can also know more about how many dui is a felony in Illinois.
Is Dui A Felony in Illinois – When is a DUI considered as a Felony ?
- The first and second time defaulters are considered under the misdemeanor charges under dui Illinois statute.
- If a person is caught drunk and driving more than 3 times, it amounts to be is dui a felony in Illinois
- The person charged with a felony can expect a harsher punishment, penalty, and imprisonment
- Caught drunk driving with a minor in the car and the minor is hurt in the incident, it directly amounts to a class 4 felony, irrespective of the number of past DUIs
- Driving with a suspended or canceled license or without valid insurance also amounts to class 4 felony
- If any person is hurt, you shall be charged with a class 4 felony, irrespective of the previous numbers of DUIs.
- Killing someone due to drunk driving shall be considered as a class 2 felony in Illinois
What Is A Felony Dui In Illinois – Grounds on which DUI Arrests can be done
What is a felony dui in Illinois, a person can be arrested under DUI charges in the following conditions:
- During a regular traffic stoppage
- At sobriety checkpoints
- Hesitating in crossing the green signal
- After observing the driving behavior of a person
- Driving in more than one lane at the same time
- Driving in a zigzag pattern
The police offer can ascertain the crime by testing the defaulter in different ways. He can be subjected to immediate arrest if the BAC is above .08%.
- Conducting a field sobriety test
- The officer may ask you to walk straight with something placed on your head
- Follow an object with your eyes and keeping your head still at the same time
How Many Dui Is A Felony In Illinois – Top 5 Law Firms in Illinois
- The Toney Law Firm, LLC – This is one of the most popular law firms in Illinois. The experienced team of lawyers believes in handling every case with the utmost care and precision. You can completely rely on their expertise.
- Warren J Berslin Law Office – Warren J Berslin has been associated with Chicago police and was a prosecutor himself. He is well versed with all the legal proceedings conducted during a DUI felony case.
- Mark G Bergal, Ltd – Serving the clients for a long time now, this law firm handles every case with compassion and dedication. They believe in acting in the capacity of a friend and guide to their clients.
- James G. Dimeas & Associates – They have a team of highly experienced DUI felony lawyers who can successfully handle your case. If you are looking for a reliable law firm for your DUI felony case, they can be the one for you.
If you or any of your loved ones is charged with DUI felony case, consult the lawyers for the best representation of your case. To know more about is a dui a felony in Illinois; get in touch with our experts at XXXX. Must have a visit on our home page through this link.