Is a DUI a felony in Texas? There are no second thoughts that being convicted for driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious criminal offense. Irrespective of the fact that your BAC is slightly over .08% and it’s the first time that you have been caught under such circumstances, you can still expect to face some harsh consequences. To get rid out of it, you can contact dui lawyer near me.
Consequences include possible probation, fines, misdemeanor charges, and even imprisonment. Misdemeanor charges convert into felony DWI Texas penalties depending upon the number of total misdemeanor charges so far, the severity of the accident, and involvement of any casualties or property damage.
Is A Dui A Felony In Texas-Let’s Discuss Charges
Is a dui in Texas a felony, if a person has already been charged two misdemeanors or DUI charges in the past, the third charge is considered as a 3rd degree felony.
- Intoxication Assault – Apart from a fatal accident a non-fatal accident that involves serious injuries or disfigurement to another person is also considered as a 3rd degree felony.
- Intoxication manslaughter – If another person is killed in an accident caused by an intoxicated defaulter, it is considered as a 2nd degree felony.
Once you are convicted for a felony, the results can be dire for you. Many government and private organizations in Texas have a no-hire policy for the people who have been convicted of felony charges and dwi arrests in texas in the past.
Is DUI A Felony In Texas- BAC Limit In Texas
The police officials determine the alcohol limit in the blood of a person through a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) test. The test is conducted with the help of blood, urine, or breath sample. The maximum limit for BAC is .08% for a driver. As per the Texas Penal Code, BAC is calculated according to grams per:
- 100 mm of blood
- 210 liters of breath
- 67 ml of urine
Best DUI Felony Law Firms in Texas
Consult the top 5 law firms in Texas when in doubt is dui a felony in Texas. It is essential to hire an experienced lawyer to close the case in your favor.
- Trichter& Legrand, PC – Get in touch with the most reputed law firms in Texas when you or your loved one is charged with DUI felony charges. They have a team of highly qualified and experienced lawyers who are well versed with the legal proceedings associated with DUI felony cases.
- Dough Murphy Law Firm – If you are searching for a law firm that can handle your DUI felony case effectively and can ensure proper justice, this can be the one for you. You can completely rely on their expertise and range of experience in the market.
- A. Oliver Hassibi – This one of the most popular law firms is a Dui a felony in Texas. They are known for their progressive and aggressive approach towards their profiles. They believe in trusting the story of their client and presenting the best case in the court of law.
- William B. Mange Law Office – This law firm has some of the most efficient lawyers in their team and believe in delivering their best in each and every DUI felony case. They have extensive experience in this domain and have been serving their clients from last many years.
- Blass Law PLCC – Blass Law PLCC are known to put forward the best criminal case representation in the court of law. All they expect from their client is the true story and rest they know how to handle the proceedings.
Irrespective of the fact, if it’s a DUI misdemeanor case of a felony DWI probation Texas case, one thing is for sure that an experienced lawyer is the best person to understand the complicated and complex legal proceedings. So what are you waiting for? know more about Is a DUI a felony in Texas? Click on the link of online attorney for more information.