Is a DUI a felony in Arizona? DUI offense is considered as misdemeanors in Arizona just like any other state of the US. Though it is generally not classified as a felony initially, under specific circumstances, it can become a felony. Taking a best DUI lawyer law firms in Arizona only increases your chance of success.
The state considers extreme DUIs as misdemeanors whereas aggravated DUI offenses will be charged as felonies. However, whatever the charge is in both cases, is a misdemeanor a criminal offense, the penalties are quite heavy and apply mandatory jail time.
Is a DUI a Felony in Arizona? – Penalties for felony
Arizona treats drunken driving charges as misdemeanors mostly. But when a third DUI offense in committed within seven years of the first two charges it will be considered as a felony conviction. No matter what the blood alcohol concentration level is it will become a felony, and the penalties will be serious. The following can be part of the penalties that will be given:
- Charge of class four felony
- At least four months in prison which can be extended depending on the circumstances of the charges pressed.
- High fines reaching thousands can be asked to pay depending on the gravity of the offense.
- Driving privileges will be suspended for three years.
- Mandatory attendance and payment for counseling and rehabilitation sessions.
- Chances of extended five year probation after the release of the main sentences can happen.
- The vehicle can be pulled off the road.
- If there are prior criminal records, then the penalties can be harsher.
Is DUI in Arizona a Felony – Needs for a good lawyer
Is a DUI a felony in Arizona? Well, when a driver is accused of a felony due to drunk driving in Arizona, the first step is to hire a good attorney to fight for the case. The following can help in making that decision:
- Integrity: A lawyer must be trustworthy. He or she should show honesty in the dealings with the clients. A good lawyer will make sure to keep the client well informed.
- Researching ability: An expert lawyer must do good research in order to understand the case. For that, a considerable amount of time is to be given to the lawyer.
- Negotiation: A good look at the customer reviews can be the answer for this one. Negotiation skills and legal argumentation is crucial for every good lawyer. You should check his abilities of bargaining with the prosecutor and police.
Best Law Firms in Arizona
In order to deal with felony charges, a well-experienced lawyer will not have an alternative. Given is the list of some of the best law firms:
- The Law Office of James E. Novak: The online consultation support provided by this law firm is very convenient. They are compassionate towards their clients. They make sure to give enough time and understanding to your case for the best results.
- Law Offices of Joshua s. Davidson, PLC: Attorney Davidson has a legal experience of 20 years that makes him a top-notch professional in this field. With his role as a formal prosecutor, he is formidable in the courtroom assuring victory for his clients.
- The Law Office of Howard A. Snader, LLC: Before making a decision a client can have a free consultation that will allow them to decide. The law firm provides a personalized experience for the best results.
- The Attorneys for Freedom: This law firm has worked on behalf of innocents for almost two decades now. They prioritize the need of the client over everything and ensure success.
- Dwane Cates Law Group, PLLC: This law firm has ruled in the business from 1997. They have some of the best lawyers of the state working with them. They leave no opportunity to fight for the rights of the client.
Make sure you avail the right kind of help and get over the felony charges as soon as possible. Contact us to get more information about Is a DUI a felony in Arizona. You can visit our home page for related information.