Is DUI a felony in Colorado? Like most other states DUI, is treated as a misdemeanor by the state of Colorado. But then again the kind of charge that will be given for a particular incident depends completely on the nature and complexity of. Want to know more details then contact DWI lawyer.
Now in Colorado is a dui a felony charge and a DUI Colorado have very separate consequences. The sentences given on a felony charge is naturally much more severe than DUI charges.
Is DUI a felony in Colorado- Detail facts
Is DUI in Colorado a felony? Keep reading on to know more:
- When a driver crosses the bar of three and is accused of irresponsible driving the 4th a felony charge would be pressed.
- In case while drunk driving an accident is caused resulting in fatal injuries or even death to a victim the driver will be charged with a felony.
- There are certain points to be aware of while discussing aggravated is a dui a felony in Colorado :
- If a person is charged with the 4th case of misdemeanor due to DUI it will automatically become felony charges. Now in such a case, all previous DUI cases will be taken into account that is DUI a felony in Colorado charge was pressed in some other state that will also come under consideration.
- The punishments for a felony in Colorado can be quite harsh. But with the help of a well-experienced attorney, the length of the sentences can be reduced if not rejected.
Is DUI in Colorado a felony- When DUI is consider as misdemeanor?
Following are the instances where a DUI is considered as a misdemeanor or how to get out of in Colorado is a dui a felony:
- The person is the first timer. That is the person has never had a prior DUI charge pressed.
- Have prior DUI charges but not more than two. In such a case, the circumstances will be taken into consideration before it is determined whether it can be a simple DUI charge.
- There was no accident that occurred during the time when the charges were pressed.
- No major fatal injuries were caused to anybody in and around during the phase of careless driving.
Is a DUI a felony in Colorado- Best DUI Law Firms
- Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C – It is one of the best law firms in the USA at present. The fonder has been voted as best DUI lawyer in Colorado. With all these feathers in the cap, one can only expect the best of results.
- The Law Office of Jacob E. Martinez – With an Avvo rating of 10.0 and a primary client choice, the service provided by this law firm is unparalleled. They aim to get the case dismissed and have a good rate of success at it.
- Orr Law Firm, Denver – This is one of the best law firms in Denver. They specialize in DUI defense. The lawyers of this firm are known for the unwavering fight they put up in order to save the client.
- The Law Office of Steven Rodemer, LLC – Mr. Rodemer has been a former prosecutor. He has made it to the list of top 40 lawyers under 40. He has specialized in DUI defense. He and his aggressive team can turn the ways of a case and win it.
- James Newby Law, LLC – The free consultation provided by this company can clear up a lot of confusion and help decide the future steps. As many innocent people are wrongly charged for DUI, they prioritize in making the victim’s side heard.
Having a proper understanding of the felony charges can end up saving one’s life’s course and reputation. So go to the right person when are facing one, and come out successful. For more information about is DUI a felony in Colorado; get in touch with the experts at our website attorney vs lawyer .