Medical malpractice statute of limitations exceptions and of which people are not generally aware of. Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor is accused of not performing his medical duties properly and harming the patient in a mental or physical manner. You can also contact Malpractice Lawyers for related information on medical malpractice statute of limitations by state.
Though as per the law, a patient has the right to complain about the medical malpractice within two years of the omission occurred or negligence act. In failure to do so, the patient is barred as per the statute of limitations and cannot be reported in the future. But there are a few exceptions to this law of California medical malpractice statute of limitations for minors.
Medical malpractice statute of limitations exceptions-Negative Effects
Medical malpractice can occur due to mistakes like birth errors, anesthesia errors, medical experimentations, defective products or drugs, surgical errors, wrongful deaths and much more! This can affect the life of the patient to the extent that he might face hardships like:
- Emotional Trauma
- Loss of Wages
- High Medical Expenses
- Chronic Pain
- Long term Medical Expenses
- Reduced Quality of Life
- Permanent Disability
Exceptions To Medical Malpractice Statute Of Limitations – 2 Years File Lawsuit
- If the Injured Party is a Minor – The minors can file a lawsuit against the responsible doctor by the age of 20 years. A medical malpractice lawyer and Medical Malpractice Statute Of Limitations Exceptions is the best person to advise regarding the potential claim of a minor.
- Negligent Doctor is a Government Employee – In case the responsible doctors is a registered government employee of the State, the patient can file his lawsuit within 6 months of the injury occurred.
- Negligence Undiscovered – There are certain cases in which the negligence of the culprit is not discovered while the 2 years statute of limitations for medical malpractice. In such cases the Court of Law allows the victim to file a case within “reasonable time” and this time varies widely.
- The Course of Treatment – In cases where the negligent doctor provides treatment to the injured party, he or she can claim to start the 2 years statute limitations at the end of the course of treatment.
- Statute of Repose – Any injured person is barred from filing a lawsuit after 10 years of the omission occurred or the happening of the negligent act.
Top 5 Medical Malpractice Attorneys in the USA
- Christopher, Hays, Wojcik & Mavricos, LLP, MA – This is one of the most reputed law firms of Massachusetts. The expert team of attorneys has extensive exceptions to medical malpractice statute of limitations cases.
- Wolter, Beeman, Lynch & Londrigan, Illinois – If you are looking for an experienced law firm that can effectively handle your medical malpractice case, this can be the one for you. You can completely rely upon them for having the verdict in your favor. You can also check the details for top medical malpractice attorneys.
- Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano, Pennsylvania – If you have recently suffered a mental or physical loss due to the carelessness of a doctor, consult the best law firm in Pennsylvania. The expert lawyers can help you in getting justice and best compensation for you.
- Clements, Brown & McNichols, PA, Idaho – Consult one of the best law firms in Idaho for fast legal processing and positive verdicts. They have efficient lawyer who understand the plight of the medically suffering clients and work hard to grant them justice.
- Freidin Brown, PA, Miami – If you have suffered some serious medical problems due to the incompetence of the doctors and other medical staff, consult the top law firm in Miami. The attorneys here will help you in getting the highest possible compensation for your loss.
It is essential and wise to take quick actions as and when you discover any statute of limitations for medical malpractice happened with you. The faster the reaction, the faster the remedy! It shall be in your best interest to hire a medical malpractice attorney to ensure that you do not miss any deadlines. For more information on medical malpractice statute of limitations exceptions contact our home page online attorneys.