Personal injury statute of limitations Florida can be your savior if you have recently suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of another person. And that’s not all, hiring a reputed lawyer to file a lawsuit for compensation is equally crucial. You can also go through DUI/DWI Attorneys for further enhancement.
You see, like so many other states in the US, Florida also has its set of rules and regulations pertaining to personal injuries. And the best part is that they give a particular period of time to the plaintiff to file a case against the culprit. This law is called a statute of limitation.
Personal Injury Statute of Limitations Florida – Car Accidents in Florida
It’s true that Florida is a no-fault state! Every person’s car insurance shall pay for any damages and injuries occurred in which his or her car was involved. The story doesn’t end here; this law is still applicable irrespective of the defaulter i.e., Florida statute of limitations medical malpractice.
It is mandatory for a person to have at least $10,000 for personal injuries per accident. Sadly, the majority of the cases go unnoticed, as the plaintiff is not allowed to file a case as his or her insurance policy covers all the expenses. However, in case of some serious injuries they are allowed to go ahead with the legal action as personal injury statute of limitations Florida wrongful death:
- Permanent and significant loss of body functioning
- Permanent injury
- Permanent and significant disfigurement or scarring
Dog Bite Cases
There are two approaches followed in such cases. So, how can you actually use this?
- One Bite Rule – As per this law, the dog owner is not held liable when his dog bites someone for the first time. But there’s a catch here! The owner should have strong evidence that the dog is not at all dangerous.
- Liability Principle – If the dog has a past record of biting and the plaintiff was legally on the dog owner’s property, he or she can file a complaint against him. Fair enough?
Statute of Limitations Personal Injury Florida
Personal injury statute of limitations Florida offers a person to file litigation against the culprit for causing physical and mental injuries on account of negligence and recklessness. Think for a moment about what this statute can mean to you i.e., Florida statute of limitations professional malpractice:
- Florida law offers a time period of four years to the plaintiff to file a case against the defaulter. Here’s another thing, if the plaintiff fails to obey this deadline, he or she might lose the right to compensate in the future as well. The time limit shall start from the day of the incident and Florida medical malpractice statute of limitations for minors.
- If you are planning to file a case against any government organization or agency, the statute of limitation shall be three years for you.
- But wait there’s more to it! If a person discovers his or her injury after a period of four years, he or she still has a time limit of three years to go for legal proceedings. Again, the countdown shall start from the day of injury discovery.
Florida Personal Injury Laws – The best ones
Get in touch with the best lawyers in Florida!
- The Florida Law Group – If you are looking for an experienced lawyer to represent your personal injury case, this law firm can be the one for you. You can completely rely on their expertise and experience.
- Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA – This is one of the most popular law firms in Florida. They have a team of highly qualified lawyers who can handle every personal injury case efficiently.
- Burnetti, PA – You can trust in their work ethics and their aggressive approach towards the representation of personal injury cases. They have a very good local network which can do wonders for your litigation. Why not give it a go!
- Morgan & Morgan – This is one of the most reputed law firms in Florida. But how can you actually utilize this? Get in touch with some of the seasoned lawyers who will help you in Florida personal injury laws and discuss your case and probable chances of winning.
A personal injury statute of limitations Florida can enhance your chances of getting a good amount of compensation for all the agonies, physical and mental loss. Want to know more then visit our home page by following the link.