Personal injury statute of limitations NJ assists before filing a lawsuit against the person who is responsible for any personal injury to you. It is essential to understand the laws laid down by the statute of limitation if you are planning file a lawsuit in New Jersey. If you want to know more about these limitations, you may consult DUI lawyer anytime.
NJ personal injury statute of limitations is a law which gives a right to the person who suffered physical and financial loss, to file a complaint within a specific and valid time period. Though the time duration varies according to the intensity of the damage, it is always better to consult an experienced lawyer to get a better understanding for new jersey bodily injury claims.
Personal Injury Statute of Limitations NJ –Types of Injury Damages
There are seven types of injury damages as per the NJ personal injury laws or new jersey car accident settlements. What does this mean for you?
- Medical Care – The plaintiff has the right to claim compensation for all the medical expenses incurred by you. The plaintiff also has a right to recover the past paid medical bills. Sounds good, right?
- Lost Wages – The NJ statute of limitations personal injury law entitles the victim to file a case and claim compensation for the number of wages he lost due to his or her injury.
- Suffering and Pain – Personal injury is much beyond than medical expenses and lost wages. The victim is subject to miserable suffering and pain. The law allows the victim to file a claim for compensation equivalent to all the suffering and pain.
- Emotional Discomfort – Personal injury statute of limitations NJ is not limited to physical injuries only. The patient has to go through a lot of mental agony and distress as well. You can file a claim for all the stress and disorder.
- Wrongful Death – Sadly, if you have lost any of your loved ones due to the negligence of another person, you have all the right to file a lawsuit against the defaulter.
- Punitive Damages – You see punitive damage is a category of damage, which is intended to punish to censure and punish the defaulter. In other words, it is a way to condemning an act and demotivating society from adopting it in the future.
- Loss of Consortium or Companionship – The spouse of a person, who lost his or her life due to the negligence of another person, can file a lawsuit and claim compensation in this category.
Statute of Limitations Personal Injury NJ : The current statute of limitation
Keep reading on to understand more about personal injury statute of limitations NJ!
The New Jersey Personal Injury Statute of Limitation allows a plaintiff to file a lawsuit against the incident or within two years from the date of injuries sustained.
But there’s a catch! If you miss filing a case within the prescribed deadline, the defaulter can counter-file a “motion to dismiss”. The court of law can dismiss your claim on this motion.
NJ Statute of Limitations Personal Injury : Best Law Firms
Connect with the best in NY!
- The Grossman Law Firm, LLC – If you are looking for a reputed personal injury statute of limitations NJ to handle your personal injury case, this can be the one for you. Simply stated, you can completely rely on their experience and expertise of the subject.
- Clark Law Firm PC – Clark Law Firm PC has some of the best statute of limitations personal injury NJ associated with them. They adopt an aggressive approach to representing every single case. All you need to do is give complete details of the incident and rest assured for the best compensation.
- Todd J Leonard Law Firm – This is one of the best law firms in New Jersey. The best part is that their experienced lawyers understand the importance of personal injury cases for the plaintiff and prefer to be their guide and friend.
- Anthony Pope Law Firm – Get the best personal injury statute of limitations in Texas guidance from the highly qualified lawyers here. They will help you in understanding the complete legal procedure and shall also take care of the documentation and filings. Why not give it a go!
Consulting a reputed lawyer for the personal injury statute of limitations NJ can prove beneficial for you. You can consult statute of limitations at anytime for further consultancy. If you want to know more then follow the link of our home page as well.